Keto Yorkshire Puddings



The best recipe that I've found so far to scratch that carb itch, without throwing me out of ketosis is the wonderful, buttery, crispy, eggy, golden delicious-ness of the Yorkshire Pudding. 
YUMMMMMMMMMM.
A Yorkshire pudding is not what Americans think of as pudding. It's a traditional English roll/puff that they could either have after dinner (with "Pudding" which to the UK, means dessert) and topped with clotted cream, jam and on the side of tea. Or they could have it as part of their Sunday dinner on the side of a roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, and veggies. 
My sister lived in the UK for 18 months and while she was gone I looked up English recipes for when she got home. I then came across the "yorkie". It was so easy! It was also pretty universal and would go with sweet or savory, so I gave it a shot. It was perfect from the start. I made cinnamon butter to go with the yorkies and it reminded me of those Elephant Ear fried breads at Fairs and theme parks! SO GOOD. My husband and I ate the entire batch before they could cool. I no longer felt like I was missing out on ANYTHING. This HAD to be the first recipe I shared with you all. Please remember that I am making these at a high altitude, so you may need to adjust your baking time accordingly, for the first batch make sure they are golden and crispy on top, and just remember how long it took for next time. I hope you love these as much as we do! Enjoy!


 


Yorkshire Puddings
Makes 12-18 Keto friendly & Gluten free

3 eggs
1/2 C. heavy whipping cream
1/2 C. Arrowroot starch
1/2 stick of butter ( I like salted)

Preheat your oven to 400*. In a mixing bowl beat eggs, cream, and starch together & set aside. Get a cupcake pan and slice 1-2 tsp of butter into each cup. When the oven is preheated place cupcake pan into the oven to heat up the pan and melt the butter. Doing this will ensure your Yorkies are golden, crispy, and rise correctly. Only melt for 2-4 minutes until the butter just starts to bubble. Pour batter into each cup of melted butter with a 2 TBSP scoop & fill all 12 cups. Place cupcake pan into the oven and cook for 20 mins. When they are done, immediately take out each puff and place on a cooling rack. Serve immediately. 
Serve with: Honey butter, cinnamon butter, jam, gravy, roast, soup, etc. 


Comments

  1. These are fabulous. Thank You so much. We eat low carb because of type 1 diabetes. Regular yorkies are about 8g net carbs, but these are less than 2! Husband is so happy :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts